Cupcakes (makes 24)
- 2 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 c. and 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. plus 1 tsp. butter, softened
- 2-1/4 c. white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. raspberry extract
- 1.5 c. whole milk
- 24 large frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt.
- In a second bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla.
- Alternately mix together flour mixture and milk; beat well.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Gently poke one raspberry into each filled liner until raspberry is just barely hidden under the batter surface.
- Bake for 17 minutes; cool before frosting.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. raspberry extract
- 2 c. heavy cream
- few drops red food coloring
- sprinkles of your choice
Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and raspberry extract in a large mixing bowl. With a handheld mixer, whip on medium speed until smooth, slowly adding cream. Whip until the cream holds a stiff peak. Slowly stir in food coloring until just combined; add sprinkles after cooled cupcakes are frosted.