- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dry cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 egg whites – I used Eggland’s best because they have increased nutrition
- 1 whole egg – again, Eggland’s best
- 1 T Kirschwasser Cherry Flavor Brandy
- 1/2 cup skim milk
Directions to make Chocolate Cherry Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients well; set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer on medium speed to combine butter, egg whites, egg, brandy, and milk. Mix for 1 minute.
- Switch speed to high and mix for 1 more minute.
- Pour into a greased and floured 6-cup flute (Bundt-style) cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
A Tasty Option:
Before putting cake in the oven, take 2 cups of frozen cherries (or blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries) and poke them into the cake. Bake an extra ten minutes, for a total of 50 minutes. Delicious!